The Otium sweater from Sofilantjes* has been on my sewing list for a while because of the diagonal colour blocking. I love colour blocking and even more asymmetrical colour blocking. And with the rain perfect for fall weather.
The Otium is a quick sew and has several options: the diagonal colour block, a low back with a bow, or just a plain sweater. I adapted the sweater slightly:
- I shortened the bodice with 5 cm (I am short with 162 cm) (I did not change the sleeve length)
- I used less wide bands for both waist band and sleeve cuffs
- added 1,5 cm at each of the shoulders of the neckline. It has a boat neckline and I wanted the opening to be less wide.
- Instead of a pocket (the diagonal colour block) I just attached the front pieces.
I am super happy with the result. Great fit and the fabrics feel a bit like summer to me. I already wore it several times, so that says enough. The Otium is discounted 20% until October 14th.
Fabric: Stenzo fabric bought at de Stoffenstraat
Pattern: Otium sweater adult (Nederlands patroon) (also available for girls (Nederlands patroon)) from Sofilantjes
Sizing: xs – xxxl
Options: colour blocked pocket, low back with bow, plain sweater, long sleeves or 3/4 sleeves.
Items in 2021: 62
# Fabric this post: 4 in – 2 out (Total fabric in 2021: bought 65 new fabric – used 82 fabric – 49 scrap pieces – 3 gifted fabric) – in total 65 in 82 out
# Patterns in 2021: 7 in – 7 out
* Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links”. This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, I will receive an affiliate commission, the price for you will be the same, it doesn’t cost you anything extra. Thank you for supporting my hobby and my fabric and pattern addiction