It was already a long time ago that I made something for my husband so he felt a bit neglected. Therefore I decided to sew a couple of items for him during our sewing weekend. I sewed three items for him during that weekend. I started with pyjama pants (which did not make it to the blog). The second day I sewed two Billies with fabric that I bought during the sewing weekend. Today I am showing you two different Billies.
The first t-shirt is version A with a v-neck. I used the lower v-neck that is included in the pattern. I wanted to use the coverlock to topstitch the neckline and tried something new. I sewed on the inside of the t-shirt so that the decorative stitch was showing on the outside. With a v-neck the point is always difficult to get topstitched nicely, so I stopped before I reached the lowest point of the v-neck and just left it like that, I like the result.
Changes I made to the pattern: I lengthened the t-shirt with 2 cm and I lengthened the sleeves with 4 cm.
For the second t-shirt I wanted to colour block so I cut the bodice and sleeves in two pieces. I added a pocket made out of ribbing as that was the perfect match with the ribbing I used for the neckline. Sizes included in the pattern are 46 – 60 (European sizes), but there is also a teenage and child version.