After seeing the Jasper Dress (and sweater) from Paprika Patterns by Rachel (from Maak het met Rachel) and Maartje (from Huisje Boompje Boefjes) and also the Jasper sweater by Maartje (from Huisje Boompje Boefjes) I was convinced to buy the pattern. I love that type of dress, it is comfortable and warm during the winter and still looks nice (at least I think so).
In the end I love the result of the dress. I can wear it inside the house, it is so cosy, but is nice enough to wear it to work. I bought the fabric at Hoofs close to my hometown. During our sewing weekend, when I made this dress I came across some nice leftovers from others (Marie-Paule from So Popo Sew and Stéphanie from Naaiz!), which turned out to be a perfect match with my fabric. A winning combination was born!
Changes I made to the pattern:
* More narrow sleeves, I made the pattern in size 2-3 and took the smallest sleeve size (size 1), they are just perfect.
* I shortened the sleeves with 1 cm, still they are nice and long, the way I like it.
* I made a more fitted dress by taking around 2 cm from each side. I often make this change to dresses when the fit is not as fitted as I would like.
* I also lengthened the dress with a couple of cm, this is just because I think a longer dress looks better on me. I saw on other blogs that the length of the dress ends about halfway on the upper leg. I prefer my dresses to be just above the knee.
Pattern: Jasper Sweater and dress by Paprika Patterns
* main fabric is a combination between sweat and fleece (from the inside), which I bought at Hoofs in Den Bosch
* the side panels are made from a scrap (quite big) by Marie-Paule from So Popo Sew
* the inside of the pockets are also made from a scrap, they were from Stéphanie from Naaiz!
* Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links”. This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, I will receive an affiliate commission, the price for you will be the same, it doesn’t cost you anything extra. Thank you for supporting my hobby and my fabric and pattern addiction
Super leuk geworden, perfecte stoffen combi en de hals is echt super!
Oh I've been eyeing up this pattern for some time now. I may have to splash out and get it for me!Your dress is lovely!
Thank you so much! I was also waiting to buy it for a long time, but it is definitely worth it!
Dank je, ik ben er ook zeer tevreden mee 🙂
Leuke lekkere vlotte jurk!
Dank je wel!
Oooh! Die staat je mooi!!! En die kleuren, die passen zo goed bij jou! Helemaal mijn smaak! Waarom ligt dat patroon nu nog steeds ongebruikt in mijn kast?! Ik wil nog eens op naaiweekend ;-)!
In het volgende weekend in oktober op je to do lijstje zetten dus!